Hi readers, sorry I've been MIA for the past couple months. I'm back and ready to write about real estate and everything else you need to know about the market. We all want the highest price for our home and we think we deserve that. Here are a few tips and tricks when you decide to renovate your home to increase it's value
1) Transform your kitchen & Open Space -Buyers often want open spaces that over see the main floor. It is much more pricier to renovate a kitchen and open up walls but if you do so I can guarantee that you will see a major up sell of your home. Remember, In todays day and age a family does not want to be cramped up in a kitchen and not see what is going on in the living room. So tear down the walls and give the family what they want, open spaces are key when renovating your home!
2) Reminder** Do not forget to put closets when renovating the bedrooms -I know it sounds like common sense but I can't tell you how many times I've entered a newly renovated home and seen that the bedrooms have no closets in them. This is a big faux pas and will turn off many potential buyers
3) New fresh coat of paint- Painting is one of the least expensive ways to improve the look of your home. Don't be stingy on the paint; from the inside to outside this will freshen up the look of your home and will increase the chances of you getting more bang for your buck. In today's market place people aren't afraid of colour so consider a variety of hues...maybe stay away from Neons but everything else is fair game!
4) Home Office- Tons of companies want to reduce their carbon foot print . Millions of Canadians work from home and by adding an extra room for an office it will add tons of value to your home. Green is in don't forget that!
5) Curb Appeal-If your house doesn't look welcoming and fresh from the outside, potential buyer will never make it inside. Attractive landscaping will also add value to your home as well as nice flowers or plants that are welcoming and modern. Remember making the smallest changes go a long way.
6)Don't forget the Basement- It's easy to transform a basement into a recreation room,media room or "man cave," maybe even an extra bedroom for a rental unit! Just remember when renovating your basement try not to put up to many walls families want open spaces and adding walls often makes a basement look smaller than it is, sometimes less really is more.
Ok readers stay tuned. I will be posting many more posts this month! Hope you're as excited as I am