Make sure your home has the curb appeal it deserves.
If you want to increase the value of your home, the best thing you can do is to stand outside-way outside, across the street, and view your property as if seeing it for the first time.
Would you want to knock on the door and ask if this home is for sale? Common sense dictates that when you are out cruising neighbourhoods looking at houses, you will judge what you see first- a home's outer attributes, or curb appeal. If the outside doesn't catch your eye, then you will look for greener lawns. Buyers will view the photos then decide if they like to visit the home or not.
Follow these suggestions to ensure your home has an appeal at the curb and the computer.
* Start by cleaning up
*Assess the situation with the critical eye, make a list of anything that needs to be cleaned up, repaired, painted, planted, trimmed, etc
Curb Appeal in a Hurry Checklist
* Pick up litter.
* Weed, prune and mulch garden beds.
* Mow lawn, trim edges, rake.
* Prune shrubs and trees.
* Sweep sidewalks, clear weeds from cracks.
* Clear and clean walkway to the front entrance.
* Clean porch. Repaint if needed. Accessorize with a new mailbox, potted flowers, stylish outdoor furniture.
* Clean a front door.
* Powerwash siding and roof.
* Wash windows, inside and out. Replace worn or cheap curtains with treatments that look stylish from both sides of the window.
* Clean deck or patio. Refinish if necessary, and accessorize.