Let me help you sell your home FAST: make your home more valuable and sell faster PT 1 of 2
My clients often ask me what they can do to help ensure their home sells faster here are some tips and tricks I often tell them!
De-cluttering is KEY
- Get rid of all the excess stuff that has accumulated over the years- believe me, it’s a nice refresher
- Buyers need to be able to see what the property would look like if they were living there.
- Show buyers the attractive side of your lifestyle (It will help them want your home that much more)
- Removing bulky furniture that makes the room feel smaller and replace it with plants- it will add lightness and a modern touch to any room.
- Give the walls a fresh coat of paint; neutral paint will make your home seem lighter and bigger
- It will also allow the viewers to imagine how they would adapt the rooms to their needs
- Create a good first impression by giving the front door a new coat of brightly colored paint
Clean & Fix
- Make any minor repairs necessary – holes in walls, broken door knobs, cracked tiles.. etc etc.
- Clean everything until it sparkles. Clean and repair tiles, wax wooden floors, get rid of all odors, hang up fresh towels. This will make the place more appealing and allow viewers to imagine living there, which is exactly what you want!
- Freshen up the garden: trim the trees and bushes, clean the patio and furniture, and cut the grass.
Stay tuned for part 2 and more tips and tricks on what you can do to sell your home that much quicker!
Your friendly neighborhood Realtor,