* Check for any small repairs that need to be done
* Make sure all major repairs are done. For example; shingles
* The Cheapest way to upgrade the property is a fresh coat of paint (avoid strong colours- stick with neutrals)
* Look after the front yard and back yard
* Make sure the front door is clean
* Clean the windows
* Declutter and organize the house
* Put away family photos (only for the time of selling)
* Prepare the documents ex: real property report
* Ensure you have all necessary permits ex: basement/deck
Once your property sells its time to meet with the Lawyer to sign closing documents, make sure you clarify how he will be sending you the money, will it be a cheque or electronic deposit? The Bank may put a hold on the funds for seven business days on the cheque. However, if it is a wire transfer, you will have immediate access to the funds.
Once the seller's lawyer receives the money from the buyer's lawyer, your realtor can release the keys!