Sorry it’s been so long, I’ve been very busy. With spring here I am ready to blog more and share with you all I know about Real Estate to make finding or selling your home that much easier. Here are some things most Realtor’s won’t share.
1) The scent of your home MATTERS - it actually matters A LOT! People often remember the little things about a house when viewing it, whether it be the neighbours, the smell and everything in between.
2) Don't jump to conclusion- if you get a call saying that buyers want to see your house in 20 minutes, let them in- even if you weren't expecting visitors. Often times those spontaneous buyers will make impulsive decisions.
3) The final walk through is IMPORTANT-you want to ensure that the owners personal belongings were removed, that the repairs were complete and that everything is done what was suppose to be.
4) Removing furniture won't make a room appear larger- buyers need to get a sense of how a room can look with furniture, this will help them envision their furniture in the room. Keep it simple, but don't remove the furniture.
5) Details & Decor Counts-Staging a home and making it look as nice as possible will help you sell your home that much faster.
6) Opinions count -Whether it be googling, asking for references or checking out the website. Know the realtor you are signing up with.
7) Neighbours matter- No one wants to live beside a messy house, if your house is for sale and the lawn next door is looking un-kept, just cut the neighbours grass. They will thank you later and it will help you sell your home that much quicker!
Stay tuned for next week’s post. I hope everyone has a fabulous week.
Your friendly neighbourhood Realtor,